Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager, Financial Reporting and Planning
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Finance
- Reporting to: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Planning
- Job type: Full-time
- Band: Band G
- Employment Type: Permanent
- To facilitate accurate financial reporting for management report, group reporting, and statutory financial statement.
- Review of general ledger accounts to ensure transactions are complete and captured in line with relevant financial reporting standards;
- Support month and year end close process;
- Adherence to monthly closing checklist and closing calendar;
- Timely completion of monthly management reports;
- Ensure accurate preparation and submission of VBN HFM Reports to Group;
- Respond to financial reporting queries from the Group;
- Assist in the provision of financial analysis suitable for decision making;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and projections;
- Prepare the Annual Financial Statements;
- Assist in ensuring timely completions of External Audits. Respond to queries from auditors and ensure implementation of all recommendations raised during the audit;
- Provide ad-hoc analysis requests from the Finance Director.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: All Staff
- External: External Auditors
- Other Business Units: All Departments
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements
- Strong technical accounting skills including a deep understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its business application
- Exceptional financial modelling skills
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills
- Good working experience with Microsoft office tools especially Microsoft excel and power point.
- Experience in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to details
- Highly organized and efficient
- Big 4 audit firm experience highly desired.
- Ability to research and report on various technical accounting issues
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.