Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager, Tax
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Finance
- Reporting to: EHOD, Finance
- Job type: Full-time
- Band: Band G
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Responsible for Tax functions within the Company by Leading the Tax team to facilitate efficient tax strategies to reduce the Company tax exposure while remaining compliant with generally accepted accounting principles and the law.
Key Accountabilities include
- Assist the Company to create tax strategies to reduce the Company tax exposure while remaining compliant with generally accepted accounting principles and the law.
- Assisting the Company to interpret and understand tax laws and must occasionally explain tax law and its implications to the Company.
- Working with the Company’s tax Consultants in preparation of information for tax filings and audits.
- Preparing and filing taxes, financial planning, attending and participating in strategy meetings for the Company to understand tax implications of its actions.
- Preparing presentations and reports on tax situations, reporting, and law, and researching and reviewing past tax filings.
- Review of contracts before execution and follow through to ensure the appropriate taxes are applied and deducted.
- Supervise the monthly payroll computation and advise on payment to relevant regulatory agencies as regards payroll deductions.
- Analyse and evaluate the direct and indirect taxes, and levies and ensure remittances are done within the provided timeline to avoid incidence of penalties and interest for non-compliance with tax obligations.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and timely submission of monthly and annual tax filings, and periodic reporting obligations.
- Manage tax audits effectively and efficiently through the appointed tax consultants end provide measure to minimise cost of compliance.
- Ensure all reporting timelines are met.
- Any other duty as may be directed by the Finance Director.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: All staff
- External: Banks, Vendors, Clients.
- Other Business Units: All Departments
Job Related Skills
- Must have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to multitask
- Organizational skills
- Team Leadership Experience
- Financial and Quantitative Analysis skills
- Strategic/ Big Picture Thinking
- Relationship Management skills
- Contract Management skills
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of Nigerian Tax and its business application preferably from a Telecommunication, manufacturing company or any of the big four accounting firm.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to take ownership and leadership of task.
- Good communication, presentation and people management skills.
- Very comfortable with Microsoft office applications and SAGE Accounting Packages
- A graduate of accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper/Upper Credit
- ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 7 years cognate experience
- Possession of an MBA/Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.