Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Reference ID: 210000J7
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in INSIGHT financial accounting package.
- Assume the Accounts Payable Specialist PERSONA in INSIGHT and be responsible for all payment processing assigned under this level access.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Finance staff, Nigeria and NE Operations Managers, HR Manager, Emergency Coordinators, Emergency Director, Program staff, Supply Chain Team, and Internal Audit.
- External: Banking Institutions, Government Entities, Donors, Sub-recipients, Suppliers and External Auditors.
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred or a minimum of 2nd Upper Credite HND in Accountancy, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of 4 years accounting experience, preferably with an International or local NGO.
Required Languages (List languages required to perform the job:)
- English and Hausa.
- Include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 30 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software a plus.
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.