Since inception, Dinidari Empowerment Foundation has provided for thousands of Persons displaced by conflict in Nigeria. Our first outreach was the #1000Blankets project; we provided 1000 blankets to displaced communities in Riyom and Barkin Ladi to protect the displaced from the chilling harmattan cold.
We are recruiting;
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Location: Abuja
- Dindari Foundation is recruiting for a Finance Officer for immediate employment
- Due to the current situation of COVID 19, work will be done remotely but as soon as the situation changes, the employee would be required to resume at Dinidari Foundation’s office.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by Executive Director.
- Other tasks as requested by Executive Director.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely.
The responsibilities and duties are indicative only and are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a finance team, with at least one year in an Accounts Officer position
- Experience in working in an NGO is an added.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Deadline: 28th April, 2020.
Job Duration: 3 Months
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Applicants shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.