The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Department: Finance and Grant Compliance
Reports to: Finance Manager
- CCCRN is a sub-recipient of the PEPFAR ICARES grant in Benue State.
- CCCRN promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
- The Finance Officer is responsible for managing the region or assigned accounts and Operations
- In collaboration with the Finance and Account Manager, assistSTLs in Budget Review and Quarterly operational cash forecasting.
- Ensure advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CCCRN policy.
- Assist in the Preparation of detailed Project Budget vs. Actual Comparison Report, including Sub-recipients Expenditures for Program and Management Review on monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparations of Donor Financial Reports timely, accurately and in accordance with terms and conditions outlined in the grant agreement.
Specific Job Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Finance and Account Manager, carryout the following responsibilities:
- Review bank vouchers and prepare expense pre accounting requests
- Prepare, Check and verify the accuracy of bank reconciliations
- Carry out payment / activities request review
- Reviews approved payments for documentation completion
- Ensures the effectiveness of approvals.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash,
- Blank cheque custody cheque preparation
- Uploading approval from the Procurement / other Finance Team
- Cheques raised and signed by approved signatories.
- Bank voucher preparation
- Cash tracking of incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Petty cash custody & reconciliation
- Accrual statements management
- Prepaid statements management
- QB data entry (Payment & Retirement)
- Review of retirements
- Supplier withholding tax statements
- Supplier withholding tax payments
- Office Tax compliance
- Preparation and submission of Month end reporting package
- External audit preparation & follow up
- CCCRN region Budget preparation
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the Organization account.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize Organization’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Other duties assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: STL and other team members
- External:Vendors and training participants.
Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Accountant
- ICAN Qualified or in progress will be of advantage.
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Experience with Donor projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation
- Understanding of principles of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2022 (Midnight).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Work Environment: CCCRN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.