World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer (Programme Management)
Reference No: 2106974
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative, supervision of the Operations Officer, and direct supervision of the Technical Officer, PEP Programme Management, the incumbent will provide administrative and financial management support.
- To effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities, incumbent collaborates with central units, Zonal and State offices and works closely with national counterparts as well as partners.
The incumbent performs the following specific duties:
- Ensures effective coordination and communication between technical and administrative units to ensure effective programme support at central and field level.
- Assists in ensuring that the IVE programme is provided with adequate financial, human and material support for quality programme delivery.
- Manages the issuance of Technical Service Agreements (TSA) and follow up on timely submission of deliverables and release of funds.
- Review funding proposal from central and field levels and recommend action for funding and ensure the right type of committal document is initiated in GSM.
- Coordinates the preparation of regular and ad hoc operational budgets and generates input for programme reports.
- Tracks the flow of funds, monitors budget performance and prepares funds utilization status reports.
- Prepares administrative briefings for WHO staff and national and international consultants.
- Prepare periodic financial updates as an input for donor reports to support the intensified resource mobilization efforts.
- Supervise the day to day activities of the staff that provide administrative support for the immunization cluster.
- Perform other relevant activities as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Desirable: Professional certificates in accounting or management.
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in administration/management of a complex programme.
- Desirable: WHO or UN international experience in finance, accounting or administration.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages
Other Skills (e.g. IT) :
- Managerial skills and experience.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Willing and able to travel extensively in Nigeria.
- Generic (Describe the core, management or leadership competencies required – See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones).
Functional (Describe the competencies specific to the post):
- Moves forward in a changing environment.
- Fosters integration and teamwork;
- Ensures the effective use of resources;
- Builds and promotes partnerships across the organization and beyond
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.