The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. The Foundation’s work is guided by its mission to advance learning and promote financial inclusion for people living in poverty. One of the largest foundations in the world, it works almost exclusively in Africa. It was created in 2006 by Mastercard International and operates independently under the governance of its own Board of Directors. The Foundation is based in Toronto, Canada. For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit www.mastercardfdn.org. Follow the Foundation at @MastercardFdn on Twitter
Job Title: Finance Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the job
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
- The Finance team is a key partner to colleagues in Programs and Impact in implementing and managing programs with implementing partners across Africa. Together with Legal & Compliance, Finance works collaboratively to execute and manage partner contracts, develop partner relationships, and meet regulatory requirements, through financial analysis, due diligence, and audit/compliance reviews.
- Reporting to Finance & Accounting Lead In country, the Finance Partner will oversee all financial aspects of our program partnerships in country, including due diligence, budgeting, controls, reporting and contracting. This is an opportunity to influence and support our growth across Africa in co-ordination with our Toronto hub. The successful candidate will also be the primary Finance contact for the Program teams in country. As such, the individual must be highly motivated, innovative, and results-oriented, with strong listening skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- As the scope and scale of our work across Africa grows, the Finance team structure and processes will also change. The ability to be flexible and adaptable, and a willingness to support wherever needed, are critical to our joint success.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e., Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion;
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, and Canadian regulatory requirements;
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies;
- Prepare ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money;
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections;
- Monitor program spend against budget and provide analysis and recommendations on proposed changes;
- Ensure there are adequate business internal controls with the programs to safeguard Foundation’s assets;
- Monitor, track and report (including forecasting) on program performance;
- Responsible for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements, e.g., Canada Revenue Agency standards, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws, etc.
- Approximately 10% travel commitment within country and elsewhere as required;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- A relevant university degree and accounting qualification.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of progressive experience in financial roles within large and/or global multinational organizations.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, (excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills) with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures,
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Flexible, adaptable, intellectually curious and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Deadline for applications is May 14, 2021.
How to Apply: All interested candidates should Click Here to apply online.