Salpha Energy is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Description / Duties
The following are all aspects of a financial analyst’s duties:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Conduct comparables analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
- 0-3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics)
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen.
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- MBAs are preferred
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- FMVA or similar designations preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Personality and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modeling experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2020.