The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analytics Officer
- The Financial Analytics Officer performs financial projections, analytics, modeling scenarios and reports, all in accordance with the institutional strategy and framework, in order to assist management to make informed decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Data collection & analysis:
- Performs standard financial projections duties and analysis on a regular basis; interprets raw data and information, and prepares management reports related to financial results and targets.
- Performs ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions.
- Analyzes data and financial and business metrics to monitor performance and assist Management in achieving objectives.
- Investigates variances between actuals and projections and/or forecasts to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities.
- Monitors and assesses key performance indicators.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the financial performance for all areas of the organization.
Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Creates effective business relationships across the organization through monthly financial deliverables and meetings to maintain accurate financial forecasts.
- Communicates financial data in reports, narratives and through visual representations.
- Assists in the design of periodic financial reviews to drive business change as well as continuous reporting on innovation and automation.
- Prepares periodic reports, dashboards, and analyses on the organization, including cash flow projections, scenarios analysis, forecasts and financial performance.
- Develops and maintains key financial reporting metrics.
- Contributes to the strengthening and capacity building of the Fund by developing and improving management and organizational processes and procedures; participates in the committee(s) relevant to these matters.
Carries out other tasks assigned by the supervisor that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance/Business, majoring in Accounting, Financial Analysis, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
- Recognized financial/accounting certification such as the CFA.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in an international financial institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German. Good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, as demonstrated by a very strong grasp of data and numbers and the ability to derive meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to business convert concepts and objectives into sound financial/numerical logic, principally through modeling and projections.
- Ability to interrogate data for accuracy and dependencies and to further develop assumptions and themes.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date