Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Financial Planning Analyst, you will be involved in running the annual budgeting process and producing regular forecasts that show the expected future performance of the business. Analyze business trends and past results, advise on how company performance can be improved and explore potential growth scenarios.
- Liaising with senior management to prepare the business’s financial and strategic plans
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- FP&A finance support to the accounting teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics in a timely manner.
- Identify and understand business challenges; propose and create solutions.
- Partner directly with the finance team and central FP&A groups to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews.
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to CFO, CEO & Senior Management Team.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in finance, accounting, and operational processes.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, ICAN, ICMA, ACA, etc.)
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles.
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics and modeling.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online