ImpactHER is an impact driven nonprofit organization that seeks to empower African female entrepreneurs by bridging the gender business financing gap so as to help African female entrepreneurs realize their full economic potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Strategist
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced Financial Strategist who will bring energy and expertise to our operations.
- In this role, you will contribute to the financial management of the organization and its clients by supporting in the following areas: Financial process efficiency, project analysis, budget preparation, financial reporting.
- You will be required to gather and analyse company data, forecast revenues, expenditures, profit margins and also create reports for upper management, board members and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the finance team.
- Assign and review deliverables and reports.
- Work closely with executive management and other departments to ensure that the department and organisational goals are achieved.
- Mentor and train female entrepreneurs in the ImpactHER network / community.
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategy development and implementation.
- Assist HR with screening and interviewing potential hires for the finance team.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with finance partners, existing and potential clients.
- Evaluate investment opportunities for their risks and possible returns, driven by detailed financial analysis as required.
- Responsible for carrying out due diligence process when evaluating new investments.
- Effective tracking of financial obligations to partners and detailed monitoring of budgets to assure compliance with the company’s terms and conditions.
- Preparation of transaction documents such as pitch books, investor presentation and information memorandum as required.
- Performing in-depth valuation analysis and building of detailed 3-statement financial model.
- Liaise with clients and assist to source for finance equity and debt capital from Banks, High Net-worth Individuals Developmental Finance Institutions, and other funding sources.
- Support the programme staff to understand individual income streams and the budget process, providing detailed analysis and evaluation to designated program managers through monthly/quarterly review meetings.
Required Experience / Skills
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Mathematics, Finance or Economics.
- 4+ years of related work experience in Management Consulting, Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Deal Advisory or Investment banking
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of valuation methodologies.
- Strong financial modelling, attention to detail.
- Full understanding of financial statements.
- Experience preparing detailed financial models and company business valuations.
- In depth experience forecasting Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statements, and Profit and Loss Statements, including the linking of all 3 statements in one dynamic model.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective management and prioritization of multiple projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, discretion, and good judgment.
- Proven managerial experience is required.
Application Closing Date