Eta Zuma Mining and Industries Limited provides premium solutions to businesses in the primary and secondary sectors of the economy, especially those in solid minerals, extractive industry, manufacturing industry and agriculture. Some of its clients are Zuma 828 Coal Limited, IMEX Mineral Resources and Processing Company, Zuma Energy Nigeria Limited, Zuma Steel W/A Limited, and Zuma Metals & Energy Resources Limited
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Asset Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position is accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Minimum of University Degree or HND in Accounting from reputable tertiary institution.
- Candidate must be have ACA/ACCA qualifications.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the field of Accounting, 1 of which must relate to Fixed Asset Accounting
- Strong Knowledge of Accounting Standard.
- Knowledge of SAP with specific focus on Fixed Asset.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office i.e. excel, word, power point etc.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted people will be contacted.