Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Analyst
- Location: Lagos
- Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc.
- Employment TYPE: Full-time
- To collaborates with the Head of Transport and Fleet Manager to create a strategic plan for performance improvement measures to maximize the use of the companyТs trucks.
- Continuously explore opportunities to reduce the operating costs by making the companyТs truck more efficient and effective.
- Ensured strict compliance to the daily maintenance schedule of trucks in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Construct all emergency response plans and perform safety inspections and audits
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Plan journey routes, design road hazard map and meet delivery schedules
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse are raised to management.
- Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with the Procurement Unit to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement
- To ensure that the truck is not used for any illegal activities or hauling of passengers by the driver.
- Prepare Fleet report to your manager on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- To ensure dispatch of all loaded trucks under his/her control and track its movement until it reaches its destination.
- To be checking/Tracking the movement of your truck using the control facility to confirm your telephone conversation with the driver.
- Ensure that the trucks have all the safety elements required by both State and Federal law.
- Conduct strict pre and post journey inspection with the HSE Personnel.
- Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Report any HSE issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
- Excellent organizing and prioritizing skills
- Extensive experience of analytical work in a multi-location.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to the position.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
- First degree in Logistics and Transport Management or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Experience of compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Experience of fleet telemetry/Truck tracking systems.
- Experience in fleet maintenance systems.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: [email protected]