Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Location: Lagos
- Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc.
- Employment TYPE: Full-time
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the company’s fleet.
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge relating to trucks management
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimizing the operative downtime.
- Implement and maintain policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Management of our tracker provider to monitor and improve driver management, sharing this information with the Head of Transport and Management Team.
- Maintain records, proving that the fleet is compliant with regulations whilst demonstrating value for money.
- Analyze transport distribution methods and processes for optimal delivery of customer freight that meets established service and cost requirements.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly truck technical inspection with the use of the truck checklist.
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of trucks are working at all times to meet the company’s customer needs.
- Budget management of fleet repairs on costs and administrative costs, recognizing the need for value for money in compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Directly supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine conformance to loading patterns and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items, safety issues and perform preventive maintenance.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
- Track trucks, fuel usage, and consumption rates to identify ways to maximize fuel economy and manage fuel card usage.
- Understand, embrace and apply the company culture of continuous improvement.
- Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical skills
- Experience in providing strategic and operational leadership of a commercial fleet.
- General knowledge in Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track trucks.
- Knowledge of minimizing the impact on business whilst conducting cyclical and incidental fleet repairs.
- A strong working knowledge of Nigeria fleet and transport legislation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- HND/B.Sc. in Transport & Logistics Management or other related fields
- 5-10 years’ cognate experience in a Logistics role
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage
- Experience in FMCG or transportation industry.
- Experience of managing a fleet of commercial trucks of 100 or more
- Experience of compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Experience of fleet telemetry/Truck tracking systems.
- Experience of fleet maintenance systems.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: [email protected]