FMARD Job Vacancies 2021 Recruitment – The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) are implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta states (LIFE-ND).
The Bayelsa State Project Coordinating Office of LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitably qualified and competent candidate from the region to fill the vacant position below:
FMARD Job Vacancies 2021 Recruitment
Job Title: State Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for operating, coordinating and facilitating the planning of project M & E activities at the state level.
- He/she will oversee the operationalization of the project PME system and ensure its fill linkage with other information and knowledge systems, to enable the project to be flexible and responsive to changing circumstances.
- The Officer will also assess the needs and capacity for PME at the state level and design and implement capacity building activities.
- The Officer will work closely with the LGA Desk Officers to ensure a coherent and collaborative approach to PME at the state level.
- Develop activities for the annual work plan and budget (AWPB).
- Organize and supervise focused baseline surveys and assessments of beneficiaries at the beginning of the project lobe undertaken by consultants.
- Prepare an M&E Plan, including the project’s monitoring formats.
- Establish indicators for outputs, outcomes and impact, monitor implementation processes and performance, and assess outputs and outcomes in line with government and [FAD ORMS guidelines.
- Foster participatory planning and M&E by training and involving stakeholder groups.
- Prepare essential data tobe included in quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Monitor financial and physical progress as well as reporting back to stakeholders to create a better learning environment; undertake project and thematic evaluations.
- Ensure capture of intended impact as well as successes and failures; prepare reports and guide staff in preparing their progress reports.
- Implement report formats so that all reports from service providers/implementing partners can be regularly and conveniently compiled/aggregated to contribute to the overall project results framework.
- Organize and oversee state level annual review and planning workshops and preparation of AWPB.
- Inform and join supervision missions by screening and analysing reports.
- Select service providers where necessary and formulate TORs and scope of work for the service providers. Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities and assignments.
- Contribute to the drafting and consolidation of the periodic project progress reports of the state.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher level of University Degree in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or other relevant field.
- Proficient in the use of databases and spread-sheets, statistical and other software packages for both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management.
- Experience in analyzing complex programmes or policies
- A minimum of 8 years proven experience working in, designing and implementing M&E / Results-based management and/or project management in areas such as agriculture, natural resources, rural finance and policy matters.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Have thorough understanding of analytical tools.
- Have solid understanding of use of modern information and communication technology (ICT) in development and excellent knowledge of computer-based communications tools, in particular web-and mobile-based technology.
- Experience in facilitation, in particular of learning processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in the major local language(s) will be an asset.
Reporting and Location:
- The State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (SMEO) position will report directly to the State Project Coordinator and the NPCO Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator who has overall responsibility for Monitoring and Evaluation. The SMEO has no reporting duly outside the SPCO and NPCO.
- The position will be in the Bayelsa State Project Coordinating Office in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.