Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture, and innovative environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Accountant
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly TICT financial statements.
- Preparation financial Forecast and Budgets for the TICT (Production budget, financial budget, cash budgets etc.
- Set and enforce realistic targets for each subsidiary Company’s in the TICT.
- Preparation of standard and acceptable Standard Level Agreements (SLA) that support transfer pricing policies between the companies within the TICT.
- Overseeing daily accounting and finance functions of all the subsidiaries within the TICT.
- Prepare and report Weekly TICT liquidity updates.
- Prepare and report Weekly TICT financial obligation updates.
- Maintaining a strong corporate relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop a low risk investment framework for investment application of excess liquidity for relevant value creation.
- Carry out all treasury functions for the TICT.
- Providing all relevant financial advice for all projects within the TICT.
- Review from time to time all account and finance functions for all the Accounts staff in all the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries External Auditors, Account Consultants, Tax consultants etc.
- Draw up Audit exercise calendar for each of the subsidiaries.
- Review and implement TICT project as well as secure low cost fund for the execution.
- Prepare bankable feasibility report that will assist the TICT or any of its subsidiaries to obtain funding from the banks, CBN, International donor agency, foreign investors, AFDB, Federal government intervention funds.
- Develop business plan for the TICT business.
- Develop internal and external training modules and programs calendar with their budget for the finance and account staff of the TICT and Subsidiaries.
- Constantly reviewing all account package use in the account operation of the subsidiaries.
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly performance report for the board and board committees.
- Any other financial duty that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Ensuring all statutory renditions within the TICT are remitted in line with the statutory deadline. (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, WHT).
- Corporate filling/submission of all financial returns with the TICT. (FIRS, LIRS, etc.)
- Attending to all tax related issues with the relevant statutory bodies.
- Attending to all audit management letters.
- Providing audited accounts of all the subsidiaries to the Legal department for filling with the CAC.
- Drawing up audit exercise programs for the TICT.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Any other Statutory duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Implementation of controls within the TICT.
- Monitoring of all implementation controls.
- Scrutinizing all payment documentation before final approval.
- Monthly TICT tax compliance updates.
- Making sure all bank charges are in line with the agreed rate.
- Constantly review the TICT financial in line with relevant standards.
- Implementing and monitoring weekly cash check schedule for supervisors and managers.
- Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Any other Compliance duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- ICAN ACA, ACCA, and CIMA qualifications are compulsory
- Experience in Financial modeling
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of ERP solution
- Innovative and Decisive.
- Great accounting skills.
- Multi-tasker, good time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good numerate skills.
- Project Management.
- Budgeting & Reporting·
- Customer Insight Analytics·
- MS Office Suites.
- Great Excel skills is compulsory
Compensation and Benefits
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.