Applied Engineering Technology Initiative (AETI) – Our client is a leading consumer products conglomerate with specialties in food products.
Due to restructuring and expansion, the business urgently requires a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager – FMCG Sales & Marketing
- Provide leadership and vision by assisting the board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on strategies;
- Formulate and execute company’s strategic plan;
- Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance;
- Identify, create, and develop new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts and long term relationships;
- Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business;
- Manage all sales related activities covering setting and strictly monitoring of sales targets and ensures accurate delivery of products in all sales channels;
- Timely update and present competitors’ activities and provides market feed-back on new products, prices changes, new launches, etc to the top management;
- Communicate operational/sales results, activities, etc. to Executive Management and provide recommendations and plans for ongoing improvement.
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organisations, regulatory bodies etc;
- Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and other related activities;
- Formulate performance measures, parameters and targets, in line with the business objectives and agreed every year on performance review, with targets set for the subsequent year.
- Suggest ideas for increasing revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Management or any related business courses.
- M.Sc, MBA will be an added advantage
- Relevant qualifications/Certification in Sales and Marketing
- 10-15 years of management experience in a retail/FMCG environment
- Good understanding of the Nigerian business network and environment
- Experience working in a union environment, preferred
- Excellent people skills
- Experience in strategic marketing planning
- Organized, meticulous, and confident;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development;
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership qualities, be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with company management, co-workers and third parties at different settings;
- Excellent business acumen and financial skills.
- Ability to develop and lead a sales team & passion for service quality;
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.