Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager – Operations
Employment Type: Contract
- General Manager Operations shall champion the identification and definition of innovative technical solutions to meet client needs.
- Reviews and monitors design and execution of traffic management solutions to assure proposed design is being executed efficiently.
- Develop strategies to optimize all company assets along the most profitable lines.
- Promptly identifies reengineering requirements and conducts a proper risk assessment of proposed solutions and ensures risk mitigation strategies are incorporated into solution designs.
- Must understand how to translate operational needs into IT solutions
- Works closely with the General Manager ICT/Chief Information Officer to identify:
- local and international industry trends and
- design effective, future-proof solutions.
- Effectively and efficiently supervises the various managers in the Operations Department to ensure proactive delivery of operational targets and resolution of operational challenges in line with our contracts.
- Prepares a draft of the annual operations budget for review by the Chief Operations Officer, directly manages the budget, and reports accurately on progress made and challenges encountered periodically.
- Ensures the various managers in the Operations Department achieve/conform to standards with respect to operating procedures and work processes and that such procedure, processes, equipment/systems are operated within set performance criteria.
- Performs periodic performance evaluation of the managers under his/her supervision, and provides prompt, task-based performance feedback, tracking performance improvement.
- Leads the preparation of monthly/quarterly scorecard performance measurements to identify improvements for continuous improvement and follow-up with the managers in the department to ensure performance scorecards are reviewed periodically and specific improvement plans are developed to address performance issues.
- Evaluates, monitors and responds to operations trends, environmental changes, political and social implications, competitor activities and consumer preference with a view to position the Company operations as a strategic competitor.
- To ensure effective management visibility, conducts weekly facility inspection visits to the operational locations. Such visits will enable him ensure that facility and equipment housekeeping, organization and overall appearance is maintained, and that operations personnel at location are performing their duties efficiently in line with set targets and standards.
- Monitors the performance of the company’s trailer parks and those of third parties and develops appropriate initiatives to ensure they perform optimally in the company’s interests.
- Develops draft operational policies and procedures for review by Chief Operating Officer and other relevant units within the company.
- Provides concise, high level summary of daily, weekly and monthly operational performance report to the Managing Director and Chief Operations Officer.
- The GM Operations will be the HSE champion and shall always lead by example
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- High operating efficiency
- Incident and injury free operations
- High customer satisfaction level
- Physical state of company’s assets
- Optimized operating cost
- Operational workforce quality
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution (science, business management, engineering or related discipline).
- 10+ years related experience in Management, Operations and logistics, preferably with at least 6 years in core operations function.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and relationship management.
- Good knowledge of maritime logistics or general logistics and/or within Nigeria.
- Good experience in management of local and national unions
Application Closing Date
2nd July, 2021.