ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIEMobisol and ENGIEPowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
ThePAYGosolar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Coted’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Finance Operations Manager
Reporting Line: Head of Accounting and Reporting
Hay Grade: 16
Job Purpose / Mission
- We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and skilled Global Finance Operations Manager with a passion in renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team.
- This position will be part of the Global Accounting and Reporting team that is currently based in Berlin, Germany, and Kampala, Uganda led by the Head of Accounting and Reporting and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
- The Global Finance Operations Manager will ensure timely and accurate financial statements and reporting, manage the implementation of processes and procedures to ensure best practices and adherence to IFRS and tax laws.
- The Accounting and Reporting department is responsible for the set up and improving of EEA financial procedures, the accounting, and the internal and external reporting of the EEA financials.
- The Global Finance Operations Manager will report directly to the Global Head of Accounting and Reporting.
- Manage and oversee financial reporting process for all African countries, with focus on the EEA Southern Region (i.e. Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique), including monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial and management reporting
- Oversee the Budget vs Actual reporting, coordinating with country teams to assess and clarify to Budget vs Actual differences and be responsible for an accurate and timely global reporting according to EEA’s guidelines
- Support the countries with the monthly closing and actively review and analyze the monthly financial performance. Ensure that the local Finance teams are reporting the monthly results in alignment with the Chart of Accounts (CoA)
- Continue improving SAP as ERP system after recent roll out, rolling out new modules, reporting and dashboards, coordinating closely with the local finance teams and operations teams to better reflect the inventory position and reporting of reconciliation differences.
- Work closely with local Finance teams, Global Operations and Africa subsidiary Operations teams to ensure proper systems and processes for inventory management in the ERP, ensure adherence to monthly/quarterly counts and analysis within EEA
- Support African subsidiary Finance teams, with focus on the EEA Southern Region (i.e. Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique), to prepare for annual internal and external audits
- Provide the monthly EEA results of the Southern region to our shareholder following specific tools and processes
- B.A or B.S Degree in Accounting or Business
- Relevant certification in accounting or financial controlling is a plus.
- Significant leadership and management experience in operational finance, preferably as Finance Manager
- Founded knowledge in IFRS
- Relevant experience in Tax regulations is a plus
- Ability to manage multi-cultural relationships with finance operations staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker
- Passion for EEA´s vision
- French and German is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools and SAP B1
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools
- MS Office
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online