PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Golden Outlets Channel Manager
Requisition ID: JR000478
Job Type: Full time
Level: Grade 6
Responsible to: Zonal Manager
Responsible for: Agency staff at golden outlets
Department Strategic Objectives
- Drive the delivery of customer and field sales business objectives towards the achievement of overall business objectives and growth agenda.
- Implement the sales strategy to deliver agreed business objectives within assigned outlets
- Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance without having direct management responsibility for distributor staff
Context / Scope
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Manage the top weighted Golden outlets in the territory – sell in and the delivery of products
- Recruitment of new outlets
- Ensure availability of MSL in the outlets
- Effective promo management in the assigned outlets
- Ensure Joint Business Reviews with the outlets
- Market intelligence gathering and competitor activity monitoring and report timely.
Measurement / Performance Indicators
- Agreed coverage plans
- Achieve secondary sales target
- Achievement of weighted distribution.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Zonal Manager
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- Agency staff
- PZ Marketing & Sales network.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer Literacy.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Direct experience of PZ Cussons Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Knowledge of Field Sales Management and Market Intelligence.
Functional or Technical / Business Skills:
- Commercial Acumen – Emerging
- Customer Management – Emerging
- Negotiation Skills – Emerging
- In Market Execution – Emerging
- Selling Skills – Emerging
- Sales Drivers – Emerging
- Channel Strategy – Emerging
- Communication/Interpersonal skills – Developed
- IT Skills – Developed.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online