Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations & Business Development (GRBD) Supervisor
Location: Abuja (FCT) On-site
Job type: Full-time – Associate
About the Job
- The GRBD Supervisor will be responsible for all interactions with local, state, and federal legislative bodies & government agencies to represent and protect the organizations business plans and interests.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage professional relationships with all existing customers, prospective customers, governmental agencies/bodies and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the process of statutory documentation and regulatory oil & gas license renewals with government agencies.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect the organisation’s business and clients
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Promote Asharami’s products/services to address and predict clients’ objectives
- Collaborate with sales & marketing team to ensure requirements are met, such as sales numbers and profit goals.
- Maintain a strong ethical relationship between Asharami and relevant institutions/ bodies with a view to ensure the long-term viability of the business.
- Maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders at the Federal, State and Local Government level.
- Stay abreast of recent industry trends and seek opportunities that exist with government agencies
- Provide support and advise leadership team in identifying and resolving issues with the relevant stakeholders
- Perform Adhoc duties as advised by the company.
- A University Degree in a Social Science course (Business Administration, Marketing etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate working experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of the South-west’s (excluding Lagos) lubricants market.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Fluency in Hausa Language
- Customer-centric and good leadership skills
- Confidence and discretion
- A team player with an international outlook.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online