Graduate Programme Intern, Governance at ActionAid (AA) Nigeria: ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Intern, Governance
- Location: Abuja
- Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
- The Programme Interns’ position is an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience. It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Programme Intern will be responsible for supporting the effective programme implementation of the Breaking Barriers (NORAD) project as well as the Governance unit.
- Support implementation of project activities
- Provide administrative support during project workshops, seminars and meetings
- Support with proper documentation of consultancy agreements and other relevant documents for implementation of projects
- Take notes and provide reports at the Project’s internal meetings and at other meetings when required
- Support the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and annual budgets in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year.
- Participate in any programme, procedure or strategy to enhance the goal and objectives of the unit’s projects
- Ensure judicious use of resources for activities and that expenditures are within agreed plans and in accordance with AAN financial policies or project framework
- Support the unit to develop systems and manage the process of timely programme and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of reports for the projects in the unit
- Support advance and retirement processes; and obtaining of requisitions from the Administrative Unit
- Liaise with logistics department for all logistical support for team members
- Liaise with selected service providers to ensure timely delivery of services during workshops, conferences, seminars and meetings
- Support in processing payment vouchers for disbursement of funds for project activities
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Project Coordinators and Manager, Governance
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities is essential
- At least 1-2 years post NYSC experience in related fields is essential
- Experience in Programmes and administration is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in supporting training/meetings
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Team player
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Ability to relate with AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only applications submitted online will be considered.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.