First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head – Public Sector Group (North 2)
Job Identification: 648
Job Schedule: Full time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the strategy for Business Development within the MDAs/govt. parastatal of its business region.
- Ensure significant increase in market share within the group.
- Drive performance of the Group.
- Ensure effective relationship management and building new and existing customers.
- Optimally exploiting new and existing opportunities in the market.
- Contributes towards the achievement of established marketing goals/objectives through implementation of marketing strategies and plans within the assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Generate leads and identify new business opportunities.
- First Degree in any discipline.
- Higher Degrees / Professional Certification is an advantage.
- Minimum experience: 10 years relevant banking experience (of which marketing experience) has been obtained at middle management level.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strategic/Business Planning
- Bank structure, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of government structure, policies and initiatives
- Knowledge of political system and power centers in relevant areas.
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Banking operations/services/products
- Regulatory Compliance.
Skill / Competencies:
- Strong leadership and negotiations skills
- Strong networking and Relationship Management skills
- Team building / conflict management
- Strategic Management skills
- Strong marketing and deal structuring skills
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent business development experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Portfolio Management
- Credit Assessment and Structuring
- Marketing/ Sales
- Business/ Product Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Client Industry Knowledge
- Budget Planning & Control
- Financial Analysis
- Business/ Operational Strategy.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2022 at 5:44 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.