Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Credit Risk
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- The job holder is responsible for the measurement, management and mitigation of organizational risk portfolio.
- He/she will develop and implement systems, policies and procedures aimed at mitigation of risks that may pose threat to the the reputation, safety, and financial sustainability of the business.
- Planning, designing implementing & managing the overall risk management process for the bank by developing the risk management framework, policies, processes, procedures and reporting standards that define the bank’s risk strategy and appetite in line with its overall business objectives.
- Monitor the business development for emerging risks and recommend policies and procedures to improve the risk management process.
- Facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, controlling and reporting the level of risks.
- Maintain oversight over the bank’s enterprise risk management activities
- Ensures proper documentation of credits by adhering to set documentation standards and procedures.
- Define credit approval framework and recommend credit approval limits in line with banks’ policy.
- Analysis and appraisal of Individual credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines.
- Conduct periodic stress tests and scenario analysis, assessing the impact to the Bank’s credit portfolio and make appropriate recommendations to senior management for appropriate action.
- Support the loan remediation team, in negotiating work out plans and strategies for delinquent customers and provide additional support with respect to exposures requiring collection agencies or legal action.
- Review and analyse the delinquent portfolio to identify key causal factors, make recommendations and track them to ensure adequate and timely closure
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and recommend actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate.
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable credit risk reports to senior management and board on a regular basis.
- Identifying risk in portfolios, provide intelligence, report anomalies, and make recommendations.
- Mining and analysing financial data about to provide recommendations and reports for loan approvals.
- Responsible for monitoring and classifying portfolios.
- Analyze credit data to determine the degree of risk involved extending credit or lending money on every transaction.
- Responsible for conducting research to monitor market trends and assess severity of risk and make adequate forecasts for product and policy development.
- Prepare a detailed written credit summary of commercial applicants requesting credit by analysing the business, interpreting the finance need, identifying the strengths and prevailing risk factors and rendering a final credit decision.
- Support business unit goals by continuous identification of process improvements and efficiencies that reduce costs and improves customer service level.
- Engage the management team on prioritizing and implementing approved actions
- Evaluate risk business decisions and making recommendations.
- Analysing risk information and producing standard risk reporting for management meetings.
- Communicate with management teams to confirm execution of company processes.
- Implement improved and approved credit measures and policies.
- Continuous self-development and that of unit members through upgrading of skills, punctuality, personal effectiveness on assigned tasks.
- Provide support, education and training to staff in order to create risk awareness
- Enforce regulatory compliance in line with company procedures, policies, external regulatory bodies and industry best practice.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Quality Hire
- Sourcing Strategy
- Client & Employee satisfaction
- Revenue per client recruited
- Employee Engagement
- Turnover rate
- Rate of Absenteeism
- Training investment
- Effective communication to Employee
- Office Management
- Organizational Planning& Culture management
- Effective management of Employee performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience in banking operations, Risk Analysis, Auditing, Actuarial Science, Internal Control and related fields.
- Professional affiliation or membership with relevant institutions.
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good analytic, report writing and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of business process.
- Credit Administration, credit analysis and appraisal skills.
- Data mining and analysis to create reports and provide business intelligence.
- Strong business acumen, financial management and analysis skills.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong marketing and public relations skills.
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits.
- Planning and organization skills.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Influencing and Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of information system, core banking application and credit workflow process.
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Financial management and analysis.
- People, organizational and leadership skills.
- Time management skills.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strategic planning and advanced leadership skills.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience in banking operations, Risk Analysis, Auditing, Actuarial Science, Internal Control and related fields
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2022.