Deloitte Nigeria – Our client in the Financial Sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Employment Type: Full Time
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- On behalf of a client, we are currently recruiting for Head, Internal Audit who will be responsible for ensuring that the client’s internal control systems are adequate and effective in safeguarding the company’s assets.
- He/she will be responsible for the reliability, accuracy, and integrity of management information systems, related policies, plans, procedures and records, as well as their adequacy to effectively accomplish intended objectives.
- The Head, Internal Audit will also be responsible for the performance and control of the internal audit function, ensuring that all financial standards, regulations, and statutory provisions are complied with and that the appropriate financial controls are in place to ensure the efficient, effective and proper use of resources.
- The Head, Internal Audit will report periodically to the Managing Director/Board of Directors through the Board Audit & Compliance Committee stating the result of its audit and related recommendations.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
Strategic leadership and management:
- Manages the department’s overall activities.
- Prepares and supervises the Internal Audit department’s budget.
- Recommends the policies, systems and procedures necessary for the effectiveness of the Internal Audit function.
- Improves process efficiency and establishes necessary measures to cover all processes within the organization.
- Manages employees through coaching and training to improve performance and to achieve the department’s objectives and targets.
- Coordinates internal audit activities with other control functions.
- Coordinates with external auditors and regulators.
Audit Planning and Execution:
- Ensures proper development of a robust risk-based audit and compliance testing.
- Develops and implements the company’s annual audit plan.
- Determines the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal controls to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities.
- Evaluates the internal control systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts, and ethical business conduct.
- Conducts ad-hoc audit reviews to investigate any areas identified by management.
- Coordinates documentation of audit findings, drafting of audit reports, communication of audit issues and performs follow up actions to ensure that identified issues are promptly resolved.
- Determines the conformity of audits with professional’s standards; determine the conformity of presentation and disclosures in financial statements with applicable accounting standards.
- Advises management, on an ongoing basis, on accounting, reporting, control and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities.
- Prepares relevant reports related to Internal Audit functions
- Reports periodically to the Board of Directors through the Board Audit and Compliance Committee stating the result of its audit and related recommendations, as specified in the internal audit charter and yearly audit plan.
- Evaluates the company’s exposure to risk relating to the achievement of its corporate targets (KPIs).
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the organization’s continuous risk management processes.
- Evaluates the adequacy of Management’s fraud prevention strategies.
- Evaluates and reviews fraud control policies and procedures.
- Conducts follow-up on investigations related to any possible breach of all policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any Accounting or Social Sciences related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in business-related field or management is an added advantage
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA,IIA, CISA or a recognized professional accounting / auditing association is required
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in an accounting/auditing role is required
- Prior team lead experience is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of operations, financial instruments and information systems such as SAP/R3 system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and in-depth knowledge of the operations/ activities within a credit guarantee company
- Understanding of accounting and financial statements and understanding of local and international accounting standards
- Understanding of audit policies and procedures, investigation principles and practice.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online