9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal & Company Secretariat Services
Job ID: IRC4651
- Oversees the activities of EMTS Legal department in the preparation of contracts and transaction documents; and provision of legal opinion, support and solutions to EMTS to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Oversees the activities of EMTS Company Secretariat in ensuring properly organized board and board committee meetings, ensuring proper custody of corporate and statutory records, liaising with the solicitors and the Corporate Affairs Commission to ensure up to date filling of corporate returns, maintaining and updating of statutory books of the company.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on litigation and dispute resolution matters to the business and relevant departments and develop and implement strategies to protect EMTS’s interests in internal and external disputes.
- To support EMTS in the implementation of its corporate compliance and governance policies.
- Ensure that prompt and qualitative legal support is provided to all relevant stakeholders in EMTS to ensure operational efficiency, risk protection and cost savings as applicable.
- Advise EMTS on local and international legal matters including any civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory or labour laws that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees.
- Manage the preparation and the procedure of all company meetings and ensure that meetings comply with the provision of CAMA, other relevant law, and applicable charter.
- Ensure that the company makes the relevant filings and maintains custody of statutory company documents.
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving EMTS.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of EMTS’s business, technical and commercial policies, procedures, and regulations as directed by the Senior Management.
- Propose professional litigation and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action to protect EMTS interests.
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws, regulations and legislation that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Business.
- Draft and/or review proposed amendments to EMTS’s financial, technical, business, commercial and governance rules and associated documentation
- Propose professional, commercial, and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action is provided to EMTS.
- Monitor and study the impact of new business, commercial, investment & finance laws, regulations, and legislations that may affect EMTS’s business activities.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to EMTS’s activities
- Continuously review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, and funding to achieve the organizational strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the drafting of all contracts between EMTS and various counterparties including vendors, suppliers, consultants, and other service providers.
- Oversee and manage EMTS’s dispute resolution and litigation portfolio.
- Proffering legal advice, opinions, and solutions to EMTS and relevant departments to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Oversees the activities of EMTS legal and Company Secretariat unit.
- Provide support in preparing for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain the statutory books of the company and file all corporate statutory returns.
- Track developments in corporate governance as they affect the board and management
- Review the Articles of Association and make recommendations from time to time to ensure that the provisions are adequate for running the company.
- Manage and supervise administrative issues in line with the operating standard of the company secretariat.
- Advise EMTS on legal matters relating to business expansion process including telecom and financial agreement.
- Monitor litigation(including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against EMTS and manage the organization’s legal exposure. Where an external counsel is required, act as primary liaison for external counsel’s contact and coordination with EMTS.
- Ensure that EMTS’s case and legal position in litigation is adequately represented and implement strategies to ensure EMTS risk is mitigated to the greatest extent.
- Liaise with relevant departments/divisions to investigate and resolve any breach of internal rules and regulations within EMTS and proffer recommendations as required.
- Review reports on all title verification/due diligence and make recommendation to the Business on suitability or otherwise and ensure proper documentation for property or site leases/acquisition.
- Liaise with the Regulatory and Corporate Affairs department to prepare and review regulatory dispute resolution submissions.
- Advice EMTS’s management on legal matters and relating to compliance and governance.
- Draft, maintain, and monitor a comprehensive governance manual for EMTS in line with approved policies and procedures.
- Advice EMTS on telecoms regulatory matters by liaising with Regulatory and Corporate Affairs department and other concerned department of EMTS as required
- Assist in the preparation of management and/or board requirements as required to authorize closure of commercial transactions.
- Oversee development and maintenance of a database of all business commercial, and financial legal documents and other related documentation.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plan in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize morale and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage team members performance for the achievement of overall team objects.
- Prepare and compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of Senior Management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- First Degree in Law.
- Minimum of Nine (9) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role within the Company Secretariat/Legal unit.
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Litigation management.
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Effective communication & Collaboration
- Critical thinking & Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online