Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Marketing & Communications
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Nigeria Country Director, with dotted line to Chief Marketing Officer
- Are you a determined and friendly professional with an advanced understanding of human behavior and a desire to help consumers find exactly the right product or service to suit their needs? Are you a stellar communicator and storyteller? Would you like to pioneer new, data-driven marketing strategies that will unlock the vast potential of the rural customers in Nigeria and other parts of sub-Saharan Africa? If so, you might be a great fit for our company. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, a tireless work ethic and an insatiable appetite for growth.
- We are seeking an experienced leader for the role of Head of Marketing & Branding in Nigeria. This individual will play an integral role in the creating high-impact Go-to-Market (GTM) strategies for its three business lines (microgrids, energy efficient appliances and C&I), designing creative campaigns, benchmarking performance of all campaigns, effectively utilizing marketing analytics and ultimately driving the initiatives responsible for attracting potential customers as well as retaining existing ones.
- The candidate is expected to drive sales through effective marketing campaigns, manage and motivate the team under him/her and coordinate and implement all marketing campaigns in the field.
- The candidate is expected to analyze daily, weekly and monthly results, spot trends and act on them quickly. We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in managing customer relationship and loves to grow customer satisfaction.
- This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in India and Africa, including Nigeria.
- Design GTM strategies to drive growth of customer base by 10x in 3 years.
- Devise effective traditional and digital marketing plan and engagement process for rural customer base.
- Organize brand promotion and awareness in our communities of operation to meet the aspirations of rural customers.
- Hire a team of marketing associates and help field sales team acquire customers for Husk microgrids and for energy efficient electrical appliances (household and productive use).
- Leverage customer data and focus groups to create relevant insights that can be used to define strategic and targeted marketing activities.
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics.
- Build a measurement system for determining the success of each marketing program. Measure and report performance of all campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Leverage Husk strategic partnership with OEMs and other stakeholders (across countries) to build co-branded marketing and branding plan.
Overall leadership and management:
- Lead overall GTM strategy across entire product and services portfolio that Husk offers to customers in all states of operation.
- Prepare and manage marketing budget for Nigeria.
- Recruit and lead a stellar team of marketing personnel to drive our goal of rapid customer acquisition and ensure retention.
- Ensure the sales and operations team is seamlessly plugged in the marketing activities to ensure ongoing customer acquisition and product/service sales.
- Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills that makes our B2C strategy successful on the ground
- Support the implementation of creative technology solutions for the brand that increase efficiency, reduce spend and increase marketing reach.
- Prepare marketing report by collecting, analyzing and summarizing campaign and sales data.
GTM strategy and managing marketing & brand campaigns:
- Manage the execution of marketing plans and programs, both short and medium range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Develop B2C electrical appliance sales campaigns to capitalize on festival season and encourage our customers to acquire modern branded appliances like LED TVs, fans, refrigerators and freezers etc.
- Identify weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Engage creative agencies to help produce stellar and effective campaign collaterals.
- Identify strategically aligned local partnership opportunities (traditional and non-traditional) and develop local programs (including outlet visibility and activation) to support
Analytics and generating actionable insights:
- Analyze historical data from campaigns and available research reports to build and improve marketing campaigns regularly.
- Use data to inform decision-making for strategy development and adjustments as necessary
- Track platform engagement and effectiveness through appropriate analytical tools
- Exceeding customer expectation is what Husk aspires to do every day. You will be responsible for developing a customer satisfaction model and tracking satisfaction
- Ensure that customer satisfaction matrix is deployed at multiple tiers
Finance and Budget Management:
- Track fluid on-the-go budget spend framework informed by real-time campaign performance analysis that minimizes ineffective spend and maximizes ROI
- Track costs across agencies and technology platform spend
- Track marketing ROI by optimizing content and channel marketing investments
- Test faster and lower cost options for acquiring, engaging and retaining consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree is required;
- MBA (with a Marketing concentration) is strongly preferred
Relevant Experience in years:
- 7+ years of total experience in Consumer Marketing function (B2C) with a preference to the ones who are exposed to retail/fast moving consumer goods industry
- Proven track record of innovative consumer marketing accomplishments/high impact results (based on metrics/ROI)
- Good understanding of consumer insights and primary research concepts and tactics such as home use testing, focus groups, surveys, attitudinal, ethnographic and concept testing.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
- Strong in storytelling and have excellent communication skills
- Analytically inclined with ability to run numbers to determine ROI and effectiveness of campaigns.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online