Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Mines
Reference No: Mines-Okpella-0012
Employment Type: Full Time
- Oversee all mining activities including operations and maintenance with key focus on profitability and optimum utilisation of resources while ensuring the health and safety of mining staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, co-ordinate, and direct mining operations and maintenance of machinery.
- Evaluate efficiency of mining sites to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, and make changes to work schedule or equipment when necessary.
- Oversee the technical mining aspects of the operations including drilling, blasting loading and hauling and provide expertise as required.
- Identify performance optimisation opportunities to enhance bottom line financial benefits.
- Prepare mining production reports for review by the Plant Director.
- Monitor mining operational performance against budget and ensure that production quotas and procedures are met.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Director.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Mining or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty-five (25) years demonstrated operating experience in mining operations and maintenance practices.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of mining operations, production, maintenance, process control and health and safety management.
- Commercial acumen and experience regarding how to maximise the financial returns of the project including the ability to manage contracts effectively and to compile and manage budgets and operating costs.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online