PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Category – Personal Hygiene
Job Requisition ID: JR000560
Job type: Full time
Reports to: Head of Marketing, Family Care
- Utilise a thorough understanding of the African consumer, customer and competitor environment to develop compelling category/brand strategies, aligned to group brand strategies.
(Internal & external):
- Regional Marketing team
- Brand Activation team
- Cross-functional teams from Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR, NPD, Consumer Insight, Digital
- Advertising agencies & Service providers.
- Create and develop category/brand strategies to grow the category/brands market share volume/value and profitability
- Support the delivery of overall budgeted profitability of the Category by developing solid brand strategies that grow and sustain brand performance
- Monitor and report the regional category performance through brand health indicators (NNS, GM, MC) and key consumer KPIs (awareness, trial, attribute rating etc.)
- Explore & exploit new growth opportunities for the category.
- Lead the NPD process ensuring that its requirements are managed and delivered according to targets with clear hand over to CBUs at Gate 2
- Collate regional consumer insights and output from research plans to feed into the development of the brand strategy
- Define pricing policy for products within the category/brand portfolio in the Region
- Ensure development of regional communication material aligned to the category/brand strategy and that support the delivery of CBU brand plans
- Participate actively in company-wide initiatives as required – e.g. Margin Improvement
- Proactively identify sources and resource needs to support brand growth.
Job Context & Special Features
- Significant in-country and regional travel
- International travel
- Flexibility to work on weekends.
Qualification , Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Over 7 years demonstrated experience in Brand Management
- Professional Qualification in Marketing is essential
- Post graduate degree is desirable
- IT savvy including the use of MS Office Suite of Applications.
Capabilities / Technical skills:
- Insight generation (Proven strength)
- Communication (Mastery)
- Digital (Proven strength).
- Brand propositions (Proven strength)
- Strategy (Proven strength).
Profit and Growth Champion:
- Commercial delivery (Mastery)
- RTM (Mastery).
- Innovation (Proven strength)
- NPD and PLM (Mastery).
- Personal leadership (Proven strength)
- Personal drive (Proven strength)
- Talent development (Proven strength).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online