Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of IT / Chief Technology Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chief Technology Officer/ Head of Information Technology is responsible for establishing the company’s technical visions, developing the product road map and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. Especially in payment gateway application implementations (collaboration, design, review and approval).
- Work closely with and report to project managers on the execution of projects.
- Technical testing resource during applicable phases of the project life-cycle.
- Coordinating in performing support for payment gateway applications post-implementation (past go-live) and performing administration procedures to ensure adequate performance of systems as per their functional requirements.
- The CTO is responsible for the engineering team, which consists of development, IT and QA.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee all Information Technological activities of the company.
- Co-ordinate the development of Transaction Applications, Terminal Applications and Back-end Applications for Business Solutions.
- Manage and Support technical operations of all platforms.
- Manage vendor relationships from business and technical perspective.
- Ensure that all projects are well scoped and concluded within agreed time lines.
- Develop comprehensive IT frame work for the company.
- Manage all infrastructural platforms and applications and networks of the company.
- Report to the Managing Director and provide weekly reports on all Information systems operations and any other ongoing technical activities.
- Collaborate with business development units, operations and other relevant departments in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications and ensure specifications are met and customer’s satisfaction is optimal.
- Take responsibility for management, monitoring and reporting on all software projects and ensuring that lessons learned are properly documented for future references.
- Oversees with external technical teams with the aim of integrating with disparate systems Designing and Implementing Service Oriented Architectures (mainly Web Services) to connect with diverse Server system.
- Ensure compliance to world standards regarding network designs and security, as well as the confidentiality of the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Ensure the implementation of best practice customer service for all services and products.
- Exhibit Zero tolerance level for system failures and client complaints.
- Design, implement and manage a system that will ensure all IT support calls are timely treated, documented and stored to aid the provision of self-help services to both internal and external customers.
- Supervise outsourced IT center services /tasks (computer, network access, customer support, internet connection, power, security, cleaning)
- Develop and implement standard metrics for measuring outsourced IT relationships.
- Develop optimum, profitable contractual agreements with outsourced organizations.
- Supervise technical outsourced IT relationships.
- Ensure optimal returns from IT outsourcing relationships.
- Liaise with hosting company to resolve issues that arise with the hosting of all company’s websites and domains.
- Ensure renewal of registrations for all domain names.
- Increase revenue on all company deployed and/managed solutions and as well ensure 100% uptime.
- Manage and supervise all solutions developed by the Software Solutions development unit.
- Research, communicate, and meet with potential external vendors/partners and manage relationships for web/technical development, applications or content distribution methods.
- Manage and support the operations of all online platforms.
- Backup and safe guard all application source codes within authorized premises.
- Enhance all online application to have competitive edge over applications belonging to competitors in the market space.
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Participate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new payment applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform web and software application improvements and upgrades.
- Analysis of software projects and generating use case scenarios.
- Developing software design models to be implemented for projects requirement specification design.
Information Systems / Network Administration:
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Support server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Perform technology needs analysis.
- Roll out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Plan, implement, and support the network and computing infrastructure plan.
- Manage small to medium sized projects according to agreed budgets and schedules.
- Provide technology planning through ongoing research.
Bullet Point of Head of IT / CTO Job Functions
- The Officer will be responsible foroverseeing the technical infrastructure within the organization, leading a team of IT staff, determining business requirements for IT systems, managing the design and implementation of IT infrastructure, and eliminating security risk in the company.
Education Professional Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Industry-specific software certificates e.g. (certified SrumMaster or Google Developers Certificates
- Project Management Certificates e.g. (Comptia Project+ or PMI Agile
- Certified Software Quality Engineering
- An Advanced Degree
- A CTO is a strong grasp of technology. So, the CTO must possess about 15 years of experience in the IT field.
We expect the CTO to have required competencies in:
- Cybersecurity and information security management
- Network architecture
- Big data engineering and architecture
- The internet of things
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Industry-specific disruptive technologies
Other Job Requirements:
- Information Technology
- Network Architecture
- Software Design
- Information Security
- Big Data
- Customer Service
- Machine Learning
- Web Service
- Internet of Things
- Security Management
- Business Development
- Troubleshoot Network
- Customer Support
- Account Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Web Server
- Project Management
- Software Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online