Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Logistics
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- To lead the business development and commercialization efforts of the Offshore Logistics ambition in the Africa region; working with the regional Country Managers and supporting the VP Logistics to ensure contract wins and execution of contracts.
- Lead the Commercial activities for the Company in the Africa region;
- Coordinate the deployment of all the Company’s assets to ensure optimal utilization and revenues are achieved;
- Support in developing and implementation of Contracting strategy in alignment with Strategic Priorities;
- Develop and / or review all tenders & offers in line with Company’s Commercial Directives including:
- Assisting tendering process across division to adopt optimal pricing parameters, using up to date costing information provided by the finance function;
- Ensuring completeness of all bids, and advising on tendering strategy;
- Detailed review of bid cost and pricing summaries
- Advising on appropriate insurance to mitigate against all risks;
- Coordinate and monitor of contract execution by:
- Consolidating progress and value reporting for analysis by senior management team;
- Advising on variation and potential risks;
- Advising on invoicing and recoveries;
- Review the close-out of all contracts to:
- Auditing the overall execution of projects to contract;
- Help to develop processes and procedures for the effective coordination and management of major Contracts across the Business;
- Assist with market development strategy for the assigned region
- Lead the development of new business opportunities for the company in the region
- Lead client relationships in relevant relationship negotiations of new large contracts with new clients
- Develop new opportunities in line with the commercial strategy (new markets, relationship development of potential joint venture partners, new investment projects)
- Develop new markets and segments within the region
- Support tender reviews and coordinate and monitor contract execution of new business
- Develop and maintain a process of continual engagement with key clients, and monitor regional Client contacts;
- Maintains close internal relationships with Operations, Commercial and Finance across the Business to ensure transparency in contract reporting and information access.
- Reputation: promote the reputation of the organization in all dealings with the Marine Community and clients.
- Monthly reporting on operation and commercial activities
- Support development and market analysis, review process to ensure that the management team are kept fully up to date with Global Oil and Gas market developments
- Assisting with revenue forecasting and budgets.
- Degree level education in Business, Engineering or Maritime Studies or equivalent Post Graduate Qualification in Marketing / Business Development discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years logistics experience with oil and gas industries in a Operations / Commercial Management role.
- Maritime Economics
- Marketing and Business Development Planning.
- Management skills
- Planning and Scheduling Skills
- Report Writing Skills.