Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN).It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Partnerships
Job ID: 2200006N
Reports to: Divisional Head, Retail
Organization: Leadway Assurance Company L
Grade: Associate Director
Job Type: Full-time
Unit: Partnerships & Alliances
Job Purpose Statement
- This role is responsible as a technical reference point between Leadway Assurance Ltd and various Partners- Fintech, Insurtechs etc. to achieve the strategic objectives of the Company through the implementation of quality control checks on Insurance policies. The role entails building and maintaining close rapport between the company and its clients.
- To analyze risks and develop solutions for clients’ needs as well as collating, sorting, processing and interpreting any request relating to life and non-life business & operations.
- The person will be responsible for Opex, Capex, volumes associated with job such as customer accounts and possible loss/impact on the company if an error occurs.
- Managing relationships between Leadway and our various partners.
- Increase Premium Income from various partners.
- Monitoring the operations of underwriting to ensure adequacy and effectiveness on all output.
- Supervising reconciliation that may arise from each partner.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of management policies and procedures
- Monitor Compliance with Regulatory / Statutory requirements.
Key Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
|Financial||70%||Drive business performance and operational excellence to ensure that;Adherence to monthly budgetAdherence to quarterly budgetAdherence to annual budget|
|Internal business processes||10%||Ability to handle all enquiries coming from each partners and ensure timely processing of Insurance Requests.Regular Premium collection and processing in a timely manner to ensure financial targets are achieved.Regular tracking to ensure renewal of expired Businesses and partnership.|
|Customer||10%||Ensure customer relationship management services of all partners. Regular visit to partners on a weekly basis with the goal of ensuring there is no service failure emanating from Leadway.Work with the partners in setting yearly targets for the business and provide support to the partners that will ensure targets are achieved on a monthly and annual basis.Regularly ensure that transparent, professional and open communication exist between Leadway and Partners always.|
|Learning and growth||10%||Train Staff of Aggregators, Fintechs, Insurtechs on partnership building with focus on building synergies between them and Leadway in ensuring that goals are achieved.Take up professional membership examinations with the ultimate goal of becoming qualified associate member.|
Job Dimensions Reporting Relationships: jobs that report to this position directly and indirectly:
- Partnerships Officer(s)
- Sales Reps that may be located at the various Partners Business Premises as may be required
- Quality Assurance Officers
Stakeholder Management: key stakeholders that the position holder will need to liaise / work with to be successful in this role:
- Divisional Head, Retail
- Unified Digital Team
- Head, Microinsurance & Partnerships
- Executive Director, Business
- Various functional heads within the business division
- Employees across all cadres
- Branch Business Heads/Regional Directors
- Technology Regulators
Decision Making Authority / Mandates / Constraints: the decisions the position holder is empowered to make:
- The role holder has significant influence over the engagement, sign up and development of Partners, Fintech, Insurtechs.
- The role holder has influence over the kind of businesses that should be accepted with focus on growth of the business and profitability.
Work cycle and impact: time horizon and nature of impact (Planning):
This role has various work cycle and impact grouping:
- Performance review: This will involve regular monitoring of budgeted numbers.
- Project management: This involves planning, initiating or leading projects that will provide the next phase of growth for the business.
Ideal Job Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University (Business Related preferred)
- Master’s Degree is added advantage.
- Insurance Professional qualification is an added advantage
Desired work experience:
- 10 years’ work-experience, 5 of which must be in a Sales function.
- Ability to develop and integrate organization’s strategies and initiatives with division strategies with supervision.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision as a negotiator to influence partners for better business relationship.
- Strength in problem solution in a sales driven environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online