MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Product Management
Job Type: Permanent
- Lead product management activities for existing product portfolio.
- Guide new product development in conjunction with stakeholders across the organization, in particular Equinix.
- Recommend value added services and combined offers to drive customer retention.
- Intermediate to Expert level product knowledge across total product portfolio.
- Supervise identification and qualification of opportunities for new business, products and services and develop business cases.
- Coordinate marketing support and/or assistance to Marketing communications on product content and communications.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface for lead tracking and management.
- Develop product strategy and business case for the Equinix Fabric Service Provider community (CSPs, Network Providers, Resellers, etc.)
- Define and execute the Go-to-Market strategy of Data Center Business
- Define compelling Data Center product propositions for both retail and Wholesale/Hyperscale segments
- Develop pricing strategy, price & cost structure for retail and Hyperscale
- Drive and communicate the overall product roadmap. Participate in crafting a shared vision and clear goals and OKRs for the product
- Partner with solution architects, and engineering to ideate solutions, placing a premium on user experience
- Validate ideas with customers before, during, and after development
- Define metrics that will be used to inform product success and help drive user experience improvements
- Perform pricing evaluation and coordinate price reviews and changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including network planning, network implementation, legal, finance and service delivery teams in the rollout of new offers, releases, and markets
- Design product training curriculum for Sales enablement; participate in cross-functional training and meetings
- Run the business: analyse and optimize value chain activities; establish and monitor critical metrics; implement course corrections as needed
- Provide customer and partner briefings and serve as product evangelist
- Other responsibilities include supporting market assessments with qualitative and quantitative research; validate the problem space; size the market; meaningfully segment it; determine segment attractiveness, develop theory of competitive advantage and implications for value chain; create business case and impacts to EBITDA. Research competitors and verticals; prepares reports related to financial position, competitive position and market potential.
- Ensure Regional Integration for all product related processes.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- 8+ years of experience in a product management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE or relevant field of study, MBA preferred.
- A proven track record building complex solution for Networks and/or XaaS.
- An end-to-end understanding of one or more of the following – Cloud networking, Data Center networks, Enterprise networks (WAN/LAN), Metro/Carrier Networks, Mobile Networks (LTE, 5G, etc.).
- Passion for learning/mastering new technologies and bringing them together to build end-to-end solutions that meet customer needs.
- Self-starter who thrives in working in a fast-paced environment; comfortable operating in the white space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to cohesively synthesize information and present to stakeholders.
Demands of the Job:
The Product Management Lead works closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders, these include but are not limited to:
- Sales Managers
- Project Management Office
- Customer Experience
- Financial Planning and Operations
- Equinix Product Team
- Marketing Communications
- Business Process Unit
- Team members
- Technical Planning/Implementation/Operations (TX, IP, OSP, DC and GNOC).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online