Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Talent Management (Cement)
Job ID: DCP-TM-061222
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: HR & Administration
Reports To: Group Chief HR Officer
Direct Reports: Talent Management Officer
- Assume overall responsibility for the development and implementation of a talent management strategy, including relevant programmes and initiatives along the employee lifecycle, aimed at developing staff capability and ensuring availability of critical skills required for success within the DCP.
- Demonstrate ownership for the development and implementation of effective career management strategies to ensure a balance between personal and organisational goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ownership for the implementation of talent management policies and procedures with specific emphasis on career and performance management, learning and development.
- Oversee all career management activities in DCP and provide required guidance to staff in the execution of daily tasks and activities.
- Coordinate the company-wide performance management process, obtain approval for and communicate key outcomes.
- Monitor the performance assessment process within DCP, ensuring that appraisal and feedback from supervisors is completed in line with agreed schedule.
- Drive compliance with group approved system for staff mentorship to promote professional interaction and facilitate the achievement of staff career development objectives.
- Oversee the identification of relevant career opportunity for staff in collaboration with functional and department heads.
- Coordinate and drive necessary actions on recommendations/ decisions regarding employee appointments, redeployments, relief assignments and promotions across the country.
- Oversee the provision of approved staff performance results/ information on promotion to the Compensation & Benefits unit for expenditure analysis and necessary incorporation.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate Degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience. Five (5) years at Senior Management level.
- Experience from the manufacturing sector is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Very good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the components of the following HR process areas Management relating to Career Management, Performance Management, and Employee Retention, Succession Plan Management, Diversity Management.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Exceptionally good communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptionally good business writing skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online