Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Taxation
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- To effectively manage the tax affairs of the company and maintain excellent relationship with the relevant tax authorities.
- Timely advice on tax implications of proposed transactions, services and new legislation as it affect Airtel Nigeria
- Overall direction on annual tax budget, quarterly tax forecast and Flash and Forecast.
- Co-ordination of response to queries from the Federal Inland Revenue Service and State Internal Revenue Service on tax audit.
- Relationship Management with all the Relevant Tax Authorities, External Auditors, Tax Consultants and other regulatory agencies on Airtel Nigeria Tax matters.
- Handle correspondences with the Group Tax on Airtel Nigeria Tax matters.
- Co-ordination of all Tax returns filed with both the FIRS and the States Internal Revenue Service for compliance purposes.
- Review of Airtel Nigeria contractual agreement for tax compliance purposes.
- Co-ordination of month end management reports on current and deferred tax matters.
- Co-ordination of all tax audits and investigation exercise at FIRS and State Internal Revenue Services.
- Review all intercompany transactions for compliance with Transfer Pricing Regulations.
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance.
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition.
- Coach, develop and retain identified talent in the unit.
Educational Qualification & Experience Required
- First Degree in Accounting / Taxation, Professional qualification in Accounting / Taxation (ACA or ACCA and CITN)
- At least 15 years of Tax practice experience with 3-5years as head of Tax.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skill
- Attention to details
- Relationship management and Good interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.