The Amazon Suites, a 20-suite, five-star boutique hotel in Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. A rich luxury showpiece with a contemporary city garden ambience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Accountant – Control
- Hotel Accountant – Control is in charge of the financial matters involved with running a hotel. Tasked with monitoring and approving all financial decisions a hotel makes, and therefore must have a thorough knowledge of Management, Accounting and finance to be effective at their job.
- The Accountant – Control is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
- Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
Day To Day Management Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in his day-to-day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD’s and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD’s.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in all aspects of business planning.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
Financial Control Resposibilitiies:
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Identify the risks that a business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Reviewing of SOP from time to time.
- Provide training on policy and controls.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Review Vendor creation, Customer Creation (Agreements), Credit setting for customers.
- Review Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding).
- Field force expenses management and control.
- Checking of Consumptions vs Bill of materials to detect and eliminate any shortages/pilferages.
- Checking the asset disposal bidding process.
- Reviewing the Fixed assets register from time to time, physical asset count exercise.
- Supervise the physical Stock positions
- Checking of payroll such as overtime, Leave allowance, incentives etc.
- Evaluating accounting processes audit trail.
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Conversant with Hotel Management Software System.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University Degree or Diploma in Accounting.
- Experience in Financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Hospitality industry experience, with significant luxury and international experience is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.