JohnWood Hotel (by Bolton) is a new five-star luxury hotel situated in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria. At JohnWood Hotel, we are on a mission to create remarkable experiences for our guests by offering first-class hospitality services blended with elegance.
We strive to offer the highest standard of service and provide our staff with an engaging environment that inspires creativity and freedom to deliver services beyond the expectations of our guests and at the same attain job satisfaction. We seek extraordinary team players and staffers who are hungry to build exceptional careers in the hospitality industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Auditor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of the Position
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyse computerized financial information.
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Audit statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
Financial Strategic Planning:
- Analyzes information, understanding of forecasts sales against expenses and annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes, and monitors accounting procedures.
- Supports and strives to improve profit by the reduction of cost and the increase of benefits.
- Helps in the analysis of differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Thinks creatively and practically to identify and propose new procedures.
- Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and supporting the hotel´s business strategy.
- Ensures execution based on the hotel´s strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Strictly follows the hotel´s system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to encourage others; advocate sound financial/business practices; demonstrate honesty/integrity; and be an example to follow.
- Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective
- Submits reports and job assignments in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary.
- Monitors and executes accordingly against audit issues to ensure accuracy.
- SOPs, Rules, Regulations, Business Financial Responsibilities:
- Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs).
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in order that the P&L is accurate,
- Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders-
- Understands the business’ perspective and ROI expectations.
- Anticipates and addresses business needs and involves ownership in all Audit issues.
- Immediately advises the FC, Accountant or/and GM on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Education and Experience:
- Degree / Diploma in Finance and Accounting or related major; (Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or related major is a plus).
- 6 – 7 years experience in the finance and accounting leadership roles similar to Audit Income / Accounting Officer. Experience in Hospitality industry is a plus.
Ideal Candidate Proficiency:
- Hotel Accounting experience in AP, AR, Budgets understanding and execution, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations, Income Audit, Cost Control, Credit Collection, Accounting Management Software and Hotel PMS, Point of Sales equipment/applications.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail