Blu Atlantic Hotel, is a luxurious 50 rooms hotel with beautiful architectural masterpiece and finest serenity and ambience. This hotel edifice is built with state of the art facilities and quality and modern infrastructure to compete with current technological trends. Blu Atlantic Hotel is one of the leading hotels in the heart of Lekki with best service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeper
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A hotel housekeeper is responsible for ensuring rooms and other areas of a hotel are kept clean everyday.
- A hotel housekeeping job description usually entails making beds, replacing used towels with new ones, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and ensuring new toiletries provided by the hotel are placed at appropriate places.
- The housekeeper is particularly expected to carry out a series of cleaning functions when a guest leaves the hotel, such as changing bed sheets and polishing the furniture to keep them looking good for the use of another guest.
- The housekeeper should also look out for items the guest may have left behind and take it to the lost and found desk where it will be returned to the owner.
- The role of the housekeeper in the operation of a hotel also entails observing the condition of the room they are cleaning to be sure everything is okay in the room, including the light bulbs.
- Where they find the light is bad or furniture needing repair, they should immediately contact the technical or maintenance department to fix them.
- Aside from the rooms, hotel housekeeping may also entail making the general hotel environment appealing and comfortable to guests.
- The housekeeper work description may therefore also involve keeping conference rooms, lobby, hallways, and the carpets found in the stairs clean by vacuuming them. It may also involve cleaning the furniture and windows.
- Housekeepers may also work in a hotel’s laundry department where they wash and dry linens like towels and sheets and restock linen carts in addition to their cleaning duties.
- For big hotels, you can find housekeepers who work solely in the laundry department and others performing only cleaning functions, while in smaller hotels housekeepers may be required to combine laundry duties with cleaning tasks.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer immediately to request from guests, as well as from other departments
- Load cart with supplies such as linens and move it to the required area
- Enter guest rooms by adhering to proper procedures and ensure they are vacant
- Replace used amenities in guest rooms
- Provide clean linens and terry for dirty ones
- Fold terry, make beds, and ensure bathrooms are clean
- Take away, room service items, dirty linen, and trash
- Perform check on all room appliances to ensure they are in good working condition
- Adjust furniture, desk items, and appliances when necessary
- Dust furnishings and walls and remove marks from them
- Carry out floor care duties in hallway and guest rooms, and vacuum carpets
- Adhere to all safety, security, and company procedures and policies
- Provide immediate report of any safety hazards, injuries, maintenance problem, or accidents to the supervisor
- Successfully complete training and certification programs in safety
- Ensure flammable materials are properly stored
- Keep uniform clean and make sure to appear professional always
- Keep proprietary information confidential
- Ensure company standards are followed in welcoming and acknowledging all guests
- Expect service needs of guests and provide them even before called upon to do so
- Provide assistance to guests with disabilities
- Genuinely appreciate and thank guests for their visit
- Apply professional language in communicating with guests and other people
- Provide support to team to achieve common goals
- Maintain quality standards and expectations
- Without assistance, carry, place, move, or lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds; with assistance for items beyond 25 pounds.
- Candidates should possess an SSCE / OND qualification with 3 – 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.