The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Analyst
Reference No.: R1272
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- The HR Analyst will provide critical support to the operations area of the Human Resources Management department. With direction, they will provide important support in the administration and day-to-day operation of the organization’s global consultant management processes and systems.
- The Analyst will coordinate across business units to administer the entire consultant lifecycle, from initial engagement through to termination. They will be responsible for assisting with scope of work development, performing rate negotiations, and reviewing, tracking, organizing, and maintaining relevant documents and data.
- The HR Analyst will have the opportunity to stay abreast of local employment laws related to consultant/independent contractor management globally and will act as a resource person for answering operational inquiries.
Consultant Process Management (90%)
- Administer the day-to-day operations of the organization’s consultant management processes and systems.
Specific duties include:
Consultant Engagement Management:
- Review scopes of work (SOWs) and selection notes, liaising with technical staff to ensure alignment with MSH, government contracting, and labor law guidelines.
- Determine market rate for SOWs and correspond with consultants to negotiate a total cost of each consulting agreement.
- Evaluate potential conflict of interest and worker classification risks.
- Work with the MSH Contracts staff to request donor approval as needed.
- Ensure completeness of required support documents.
- Review and sign consultant agreements and related modifications.
Consultant Record Management:
- Create and update consultant records in HRIS, including contract numbers, supervisors, payment rates, and modifications.
- Monitor agreements end dates and follow up with staff to confirm whether modifications/extensions are planned. Terminate consultants in HRIS in a timely manner.
- Track consultant performance notes, flagging issues with technical staff as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues related to consultant records as they arise, including in the recruitment module/applicant tracking system (ATS).
Reporting and Auditing:
- With guidance, regularly audit all consultant data, reconciling end dates and agreements.
- Generate regular reports and proactively notify business units and HR regarding relevant data as requested.
Additional Duties (10%):
- Stay abreast of local and global labor laws related to independent contractors and employee classification.
- Flag labor law developments and reporting requirements to management as necessary.
- Collaborate with in-house counsel as needed.
- Engage in continuous process improvement initiatives, including stakeholder engagement and consultant experience survey management.
- Escalate and flag issues to Corporate Consultant Manager, General Counsel, and/or CPCO as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Required: 3 years of related experience
- Preferred: 3 – 5 years of experience working within HR, operations, contracts and/or finance within an international organization or an organization with multiple offices
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform administrative work of a complex nature with direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Human Resources Information Systems, Google Drive, Deltek Costpoint, Workday
- Excellent English communication skills required in both verbal and written.
- Additional language skills in French highly preferred
- Knowledge of labor laws and government contracting a plus
- Experience in a global organization highly preferred
- Excel skills and prior responsibility for report generation a plus
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to support a diverse team
- Customer-service orientation skills, with the motivation and ability to function independently or as a team member
- Organized and with excellent attention to detail
- Sense of urgency to ensure able to meet varying deadlines
- Ability to reprioritize, with input from manager
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work with different cultures globally
- Discretion and confidentiality