FirstExcelsia, a leading Human Resources, Organisational Development and Management Consulting firm with operations across multiple states in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Consultant
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are seeking a competent HR Consultant who would be responsible for managing HR processes from our client’s site.
- The role holder will be expected to develop & implement bespoke HR strategies & Organisational Development initiatives and provide advice on HR best practices.
- The ideal candidate should be agile and able to think on his/her feet.
- Take the lead on HR and Organisational Development initiatives.
- Consults with various line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed / required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Ensure all documentations are completed adequately and appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years proven experience as an HR Consultant preferably in a consulting firm.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skill and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable HR laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organisation’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience executing diverse Organisational Development projects is required.
- Membership of at least one relevant professional body is required.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] using “HR Consultant” as the subject of the mail.