Gemstone Microfinance is a non-bank agricultural microfinance cooperative society. It is a registered national member of the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (AMFIN). The society is also registered and regulated in every state where it currently operates.
With an annual turnover of NI.2 Billion, the financial services arm (RC: 1587936) of Gemstone Microfinance has been instrumental to the success stories recorded by its over 27,000 active members in the last two years of operation.
In its two years of operation, Gemstone Microfinance has provided over N2 Billion in credits to its members in the agricultural business sector across its twenty-Eight(28) branches in Seventeen(17) states and the Federal Capital Territory. The society’s main focus has been the development of the crop and livestock production, logistics, food processing and retail subsectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head Human Resources will formulate and facilitate implementation of people strategies, focusing on hiring, onboarding, developing, motivating and retaining the best talent in the Company.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives, aligned with the Company’s overall business strategy.
- Develop HR policies, systems and procedures, including regular reviews and updates of the personnel manual.
- Manage the recruitment and hiring processes of the Company (internal and external), in accordance with established policies, and ensure that the processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Review and advise executive management on annual staffing plans to ensure alignment with the bank’s performance goals.
- Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff, and guide / facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interaction with line managers and other staff members.
- Manage and report HR scorecards for the SBUs and the Company.
- Develop and implement the Company’s career management, performance management, talent/competency development and succession planning.
- Manage internal conflicts among staff members , and facilitate conflicts resolution.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to all staff-related matters.
- B.Sc Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, any Social Sciences or related discipline; MBA / M.Sc in Human Resources or any related field or relevant professional certification is added advantage.
- 2 – 5 years work experience in Human Resource Management.
- Sound knowledge and experience of contemporary HR issues, local labour law and employment practices.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.