B&Q Dredging Limited (BQD), a subsidiary of Nestoil Group is a wholly Nigerian Company, that provides all facets of dredging & marine logistics services of global standard. BQD employs a multinational management team and a staff complement of over 130 highly motivated and experienced Nigerians to provide dredging, flood and erosion control, shoreline protection and consolidation, canalization, urban Renewal and reclamation to National & Sub-National Governments; Government Agencies, Energy, Construction, and Oil & Gas industries.
At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced candidate to join our diverse team in our Dredging Company within the capacity below:
Job Title: Hydraulics Specialist
- In this role, you will ensure efficient installation, maintenance and repair of all hydraulic systems.
As a Hydraulics Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Installing and repairing hydraulic components, such as pumps, tanks, motors, valves, and filters, using hand tools and power tools, such as grinders and drill presses.
- Using computer tools, such as spreadsheets or modeling software, to design new systems or to analyze existing systems for improvements.
- Repairing or replacing pumps, valves, motors, fittings, cylinders, and other components as needed to repair or replace damaged parts as related to marine industry.
- Installing, repairing, or replacing equipment in machinery used in construction, mining, agriculture, manufacturing, waste management, marine, or other industries.
- Testing and inspecting the hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors and valves
- Troubleshooting mobile and industrial equipment and systems.
- Conducting field service calls for various hydraulically powered systems and machines for troubleshooting and repair.
- Installing hydraulic components onto in-house or onsite customer equipment
- Using measuring devices, calculators and myriad hand tools, torque tools and various other tools to service equipment
- Performing onsite maintenance and repair to customers equipment
- Professionally interacting with customers to determine service issues
- Providing technical support, as necessary, to all departments and customers
- Working dutifully with Service Writer and Shop Foreman to support the efficient and accurate quoting and billing of repair & service work
- Keeping chronological records of service activity to include each service step, evaluation of system or component, parts request and installation, repairs, completions, and tests/certification.
- Attending various safety certification classes and seminars as required.
- Shopping maintenance including cleaning, organizing, trash removal, and securing valuables during non-working hours.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure that it is working properly.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced employees to ensure transfer of knowledge as agreed by management.
- Ensuring strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Performing related work as required and any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
What are we looking for?
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc/HND). Masters in related field will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Relevant training and professional certifications
- Good knowledge of: Fluid dynamics, hydraulic systems, installation and repair and testing procedures.
- A good understanding of fluid dynamics and the physics behind how fluids behave when put under pressure.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics to enable proper installation and repair of hydraulic systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read and interpret designs.
- Has passion for excellence and working in a fast-paced technical operations environment.
- Has extremely good trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to train current staffs.
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO 9001 as well as relevant code rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of health and safety best practices.
- Attention to details; very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team-building approach and management style.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online