Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming.In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities.Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA, and GFFO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job type: Full-ime
Career level: Entry Level
Reporting to: Hygiene Officer
Department: Programmes – WASH
Proposed start date: November 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Assistant who will be responsible for the Implementation of hygiene promotion and distribution of NFI.
- Continues assessment of the hygiene need and practices of the targeted communities;
- Assisting the Hygiene Officer in conducting home visits and visits to the community (schools, community gathering etc.) to identify gaps in terms of hygiene, sanitation and use of water;
- Assisting the Hygiene Officer in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene in the communities;
- Training and managing hygiene volunteers to conduct house to house session;
- Organize and conduct FGDs on identified critical hygiene issues in the communities;
- Mobilizing communities to adopt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (hand washing facilities, environmental cleanliness drainage cleanliness);
- Organize and conduct mass campaigns against cholera and other infectious diseases;
- Disseminate cholera prevention messages to cholera case and neighboring;
- Sensitize the beneficiaries of cholera kits on how to use the content (eg use of aquatabs);
- Assisting the Hygiene Officer to distribute NFI kits to registered beneficiaries.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation related field;
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion and community mobilization;
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible;
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in English Hausa, and Fulfude language.
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN 216,006 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 25th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply