Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming.In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities.Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA, and GFFO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid Level
Department: Programmes – WASH
Proposed start date: November 2022
Reporting to: WASH Programme Manager
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Officer who will be responsible to ensure quality implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- In coordination with the WASH Programme Manager, revising and adapting hygiene promotion training and IEC materials in line with the local context (should be drawn up as a communication plan) and in line with target groups to be trained;
- Continually assessing emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health;
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and lead the distribution of NFI kits with the Field Assistant team;
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Assist the WASH Program Manager in the development of technical guidelines and tools for hygiene promotion services;
- Representing the organization at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager;
- Setting performance missions for staff under direct management, conducting one-to-one meetings and performance appraisal in line with Action Against Hunger performance management policies as well as identifying areas where support and capacity building is required;
- Ensure team coordination and integration with other WASH technical team members.
- Minimum of Diploma in Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation related field;
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities;
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible;
- Three years of relevant work experience;
- Microsoft Office software skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in English Hausa, Kanuri, and Shuwa language.
- Experience working in an emergency program(RRM) will be an added advantage
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN 326,033 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 25th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply