Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Health Safety & Environment
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To develop and execute IBEDC’s HSE policies and procedures in accordance with stipulated industry standards and ensure organization-wide compliance.
- Coordinates the development of IBEDC’s HSE standards, policies and procedures to support IBEDC’s business strategy.
- Analyses external trends impacting business strategy, in particular the health hazards, safety concerns and social / environmental impact of conducting business.
- Regularly reviews and updates IBEDC HSE policies and practices to ensure that they are current and appropriate for the changing business needs.
- Communicates IBEDC’s HSE policy and procedures to relevant stakeholders.
- Defines reporting requirements, HSE competency framework and training requirements on safety issues.
- Provides technical expertise, strategic leadership and support to capital projects on regulatory compliance issues in HSE.
- Oversees the conduct of hazard and risk assessments and develop recommendations for business to mitigate identified risks.
- Ensures IBEDC’s compliance to HSE policies, guidelines, standards and procedures – IBEDC’s work environment and practices are in compliance with stipulated regulations or standards.
- Coordinates the development of IBEDC’s annual HSE plans and report.
- Specialization: First degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences & related discipline
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience: 15+
- Membership of ISPON will constitute an added advantage
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years cumulative cognate experience
- Leadership skills
- Good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver
- Knowledge of regulations and industry standards
- Familiar with industry best practice
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here See Vacancies” and select “Head, Health Safety & Environment” to apply accordingly.