IITA Recruitment 2020: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Recruitment. Apply for International jobs in Nigeria 2020 in the IITA career Job Recruitment via IITA vacancy & Job Portal jobs.iita.org.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
IITA Recruitment 2020
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Ensure periodic preparation, analysis and coordination of Financial Reports to donors;
- Carryout setting up of budgets, budgetary control and monitoring;
- Attend to queries from Project Investigators and donors on regular basis;
- Carryout account receivable setup, update, invoice generation, fund capturing and acknowledgement;
- Monitor project receivables and donor funds to center accounts;
- Carryout setting up of projects accounts cost centers/files;
- Ensure preparation of monthly and yearly Management report on audit;
- Provide administrative support to Project Accounts Unit;
- Liaise with Project Development and Administrative Unit, Project Coordinators/Scientists in ensuring absolute compliance on project-related issues with IITA policies;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of imprest accounts to general ledger;
- Strictly ensure compliance with contractual requirements of donors, e.g. reporting due dates.
- Provide supervisory role to subordinates within Finance Directorate;
- Perform other accounting/administrative duties as may be assigned by the Project Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Director of Finance from time to time.
- MSc/MBA in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution with ACA/ACCA. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind, very good with computer application especially Oracle Apps.
- Have pleasant personality and must be a good team player.
- Have good communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA Recruitment Portal:
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted