Apply for the latest ongoing IITA Vacancy Recruitment 2020 as Portal opens for November / December IITA job recruitment available on the official website.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
IITA Vacancy Recruitment 2020
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- The project aims to support Irish potato seed system in Nigeria by building local capacity of the public and private sector to supply adequate amounts of quality seed, while supporting smallholder farmers in maximizing their investments in seed through building capacity in on-farm seed quality management, good agricultural practices for improving soil health and fertility, and storage.
- Learn the project proposal to fully understand and internalize the entire project mission and be ready to contribute as an important member of the team towards meeting the set goals at scale in an effective, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of task, schedules and resources needed’.
- Under the guidance of your supervisors develop a detailed work plan for yourself and diligently implement it to achieve the set goals and targets by identifying, enrolling, handholding and monitoring suitable project partners for various activities in the potato value chain.
- Liaise with the supervisor to ensure that activities are completed on time within budget and meet quality standard which will include developing and implementing plans for monitoring project progress as well as scheduling project meetings.
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of the project activities in close collaboration with Green innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector (GIAE) teams and project partners.
- Facilitate the implementation of project activities in the project area and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving project set goals and outputs.
- Provide support to public and private sector partners and ensure that they are fully and actively engaged.
- Establish good linkages with CIP and IITA Nigeria to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with government extension service, research stations, NGO partners, and farmer groups.
- In close consultation and collaboration with the Green innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector (GIAE) teams ensure that capacity is developed in all needed areas for various stakeholders within the potato value chain.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial project reports are prepared and submitted to the program management office on schedule.
- Present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the project at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Document lessons learned and best practices on the project development, implementation, and oversight activities.
- Proactively take responsibility to ensure safety of humans and property at all times and implement the project activities in timely manner in keeping with the budgets allocated.
- Be entrepreneurial and proactive in identifying new opportunities, partners and strategies towards enhancing the overall project deliverables towards meeting the organizational and donor expectations.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor to meet the objectives of the value chain.
- Apart from working towards achieving this project goals, be an ambassador for CIP and strive to position CIP as a GoTo partner for GIZ, other donors and for the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) partners in all things related to potato
- Capacity building of public and private partners on early generation seed potato production to field multiplication and bulking using rapid multiplication technologies such as aeroponics, sand hydroponics and apical rooted cuttings.
- Demonstration and training of potato on-farm seed management, soil fertility and other key agronomic practices and innovations.
- Field bulking, testing, and identification of candidate CIP late-blight resistant varieties for Nigerian national registration.
- Providing technical assistance to the national program, when requested and within the limits of available resources, in disease detection for seed certification schemes, in tissue culture for early generation seed production.
- Development and advocacy for locally adapted protocols and schemes for seed quality assurance to the federal and state level agency.
- Design and implement wide-scale farmer extension materials, briefs, scripts for cartoons and videos, including through innovative use of ICTs platform.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Country Team Leader or senior members of the organizations.
- MSc in Agriculture or Agricultural related discipline with minimum of ten (10) years’ related experience in a project coordination, implementation and management and six years (6) of practical experience on Irish potato seed system, good agricultural practices, seed storage, potato pest and disease are must.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent and demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Excellent project management, leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience on project coordination with stakeholder engagement.
- Organizational, planning and budget management experience.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in resource-poor, rural areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: Nov 26, 2020
How to Appy: Interested and qualified candidates should
Application Procedure for IITA Vacancy Recruitment 2020
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.