The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Individual Consultant, Coordinator of the Regional Integrated Management Programme of the Fouta Djallon Massif
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Reference Number: PRAI-MFD/2021/SCI/01
Venue: ECOWAS Commission
- Within the framework of the Regional Programme for the Integrated Management of the Fouta Djallon Massif, the ECOWAS Department of Agriculture, Environment and Water Resources is considering the selection of a Consultant, Coordinator of the programme, who will be posted at the ECOWAS Directorate of Environment and Natural Resources, in Abuja.
- The general objective of the mission is to coordinate and guarantee the achievement of the contractual objectives set by ECOWAS. He/she will have to carry out, after advice from the Directorate of Environment and Natural Resources, any activity necessary for the proper execution of the project.
- The consultancy services (“the services”) comprise the following elements, as indicated below, and the duration of the contract is one (1) begins from the starting date of the contract. It is renewable according to the success and availability of funds.
Role and Responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate the planning of all activities for the implementation of the Integrated Natural Resources Management Project (INRMP), other ongoing projects and initiatives and ensure their efficient implementation;
- Ensure the planning and monitoring of the implementation of the activities proposed with the National Focal Points in the framework of the Annual Work Plans and Budgets of the projects and/or initiatives in progress at the regional level than at the level of the beneficiary countries, with the support of the Technical and Financial Partners ;
- Propose a monitoring and evaluation framework for the performance indicators of the projects or initiatives implemented under the programme in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan for the implementation of the ECOWAS Environmental Action Plan (2020-2026);
- Prepare all documentation and organize the meetings of the steering committee of the Integrated Natural Resources Management Project in collaboration with FAO, UN-Environment and all other stakeholders;
- Supervise the efficient management of the programme, and ensure its ownership by the different stakeholders;
- Develop synergies with similar initiatives in the West African region and internationally;
- Conduct, with the support of Technical and Financial Partners, the development of concept notes for new projects and initiatives with a view to mobilizing funding from the green fund or other alternative sources of climate funding in order to strengthen the resilience of local communities and natural ecosystems to the adverse impacts of climate change;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Environment and Natural Resources Directorate’s budgets and ensure the periodic reporting of the activities.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The pre-selection criteria are as follows:
Diploma of Study:
- Hold a high level degree of at least Bachelor’s Degree + 5 Master’s Degree in Agro-economics, Economics, Natural Resources Management, Development Economics, or in a related discipline;
- Additional training in project planning and management would be an asset.
- Additional training in project planning and management would be an asset;
- Have at least 7 years of relevant experience in planning, design and management of development projects or programmes in the agroforestry sectors in ECOWAS Member States;
- Have coordinated at least one project on integrated natural resources management and/or restoration of degraded lands and preservation of natural ecosystems, at national level or in West Africa is a major asset;
- Having at least an experience in conducting feasibility studies for the identification of projects and/or programmes in the framework of integrated natural resources management is also an asset;
- Good knowledge of French and/or English.
- Proficiency in the results-based approach and ability to work in a team;
- Fluency in one of the 3 ECOWAS working languages (French, English, Portuguese) is expected, fluency in two languages (English and French) is an asset ;
- Mastery of computer tools including the main usual software;
- Have a good knowledge of agricultural and environmental policies at regional level.
- The maximum age is 50 years.
- Proficiency in one of the 3 working languages of ECOWAS (French, English, Portuguese) is expected, proficiency in two languages (English and French) is an asset.
Application Closing Date
11:00 am (GMT+1, Nogerian Time): 10th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant, Coordinator of the Regional Integrated Management Programme of the Fouta Djallon Massif”, not to be opened except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The General Administration Directorate,
Public Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401,
- The attention of interested individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code (“Offences committed by candidates, bidders and successful bidders”), which provides information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in the competition or execution of a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflicts of interest related to this assignment, in accordance with “Article 119 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code”.
- Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure for the selection of individual consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 GMT+1 to 17:00 GMT+1.
- E-mail: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected] ; [email protected].