International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information, Communications and Technology Assistant
Location: Benin City, Edo
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of Project Officer, Benin City, and the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer, in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will provide user and technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure in the sub office in Benin City Office, while promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide end user support and ensure that all ICT issue tickets and queries are logged and answered appropriately via email, telephone call and/or in person by taking Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close tickets assigned, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA):
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provide Tier 2 level technical support such as immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
- Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
- Assist in determining root causes and propose resolution for problems raised by reported incidents.
- Escalate to ICT Officer when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels.
- Monitor the X-RAY machine connectivity with the Telerad network and coordinate with the vendors in case of any issues.
- Monitor the Teleradiology PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) server, software, databases and the data replication with Nairobi Telerad Hub for Africa.
- Provide support installing Teleradiology server hardware, Databases and PACS software’s in coordination with Telerad Nairobi and Manila.
- Manage the Telerad user account creation and assigning user roles.
- Coordinate cases and required actions in monitoring systems, network, and applications resulting from routine control of automated tracking system, servers, and data on assigned shifts.
- Also ensure proper backup practice (differential or incremental).
- Secure the implementation of standard IOM ITC policies and guidelines, with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ITC procurement.
- Assist in installation, operation, and administration of the security for the various system and network components, including protection against viruses, access to email and Internet, relational database management systems and implementation of ITC disaster recovery services.
- Manage the regular updates of the antivirus and patches for operating system and other software and the distribution of the updates to all the workstations.
- Provide support, and/or assume lead role when required, for planned technology upgrades.
- Perform implementation and administration of system, application, and infrastructure components.
- Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate business process courses when necessary.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered ICT systems in the mission and update global user support of planned changes in advance.
- Assist in analyzing performance problems of network, systems and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
- Monitor the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WLAN, Messaging, Internet connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
- Maintain an up-to-date IT inventory and advice the management on assets that require replacement in a timely manner.
- Update software inventory and inform all program about number of software requires for their sections.
- Establish technical relationship and collaboration with other pertinent department/units – and with other IT personnel, partners, suppliers, and providers – to identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness.
- Managing the email user accounts, mailing lists. The lists should be checked constantly for integrity.
- Manage the PABX and communication systems.
- Manage Service catalogue, service provider, manage supplier, capacity management, & design coordination.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in ICT roles.
- Experience in LAN/WAN networking environment.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2012 software in a multi-site environment. Microsoft office 365, TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration. Windows 10 administration.
- Experience with Lenovo, HP/Compaq, IBM, and Cisco and Siemon equipment.
- Experience in working in an international organization.
- Experience with PACS, Teleradiology system
- Experience in working in a busy office in the same capacity.
- Experience in dealing with UN policies, procedures and operations is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to design and configure networks.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned
- Willingness to assist efficiently in a very busy project environment.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- English Language is required (Oral and Written)
- Working knowledge of the local language
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2022.156 Lagos. Information, Communications and Technology Assistant G5” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.