Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Security Policy Network Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Senior level
- The role will be charged with providing support to the Head, Network Security in ensuring Network Security in line with the Bharti Information System Policy (BISP) relating to Networks
Ensure Compliance to Airtel Africa Information Security Policy (AAISP & ANgISP) as relates to Telecommunications Network:
- Implementation, Compliance and Controls of telecommunications Networks relating to AAISP/ANgISP and ISO standards
- To work with Network Managed Services partners to ensure their compliance to AAISP/ANgISP regarding Airtel Business
Periodic audit of Network processes:
- To work with all units in Networks Function to always ensure readiness for internal and external audit exercise/queries
- Ensure that all Network Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines are reviewed/updated at least once per annum, and whenever there is a major change introduced.
Deployment and maintenance of Security Systems:
- To work with MPBN and IT SNOC to ensure assurance of their firewall rules
- To work with Network Managed Service partner and Airtel internal team to ensure basic hardening standards per industry best practise is implemented across all systems
- To work with Network Managed Service partners to carry out vulnerability scans and remediation of vulnerabilities before going live.
- Vulnerability Assessment – Work with Group Network Security team to ensure vulnerability assessment is performed on all Network Nodes and close all identified vulnerabilities in accordance with AA ISMS VA and PT Process.
- Enforce strict use of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Platform and ensure all privilege access to critical Network Nodes are monitored.
Security of Physical Asset:
- Liaise with Facilities of SCM to ensure the Physical Security of Airtel Nigeria assets at MSC locations and data centres.
- Liaise with Network Services Department to ensure adherence to industry best practice on physical cabling and device security of CORE Nodes
- Liaise with Network Operations department to the security of assets at sites
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Telecom or Electronics or equivalent
- Certification in Cyber security
- Certifications in Network security etc
- Minimum of 7 years or more of work experience in the Telecoms environment
- Must understand telecom NMS and OSS
- Must have knowledge of Network Security in Telecoms
- Should have experience in GSM and WCDMA domains through telecom experience. LTE experience will be an added advantage
- Should understand Telecom billing and Revenue assurance activities
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to draw conclusions from complex technical data
- Strong analytical capabilities and troubleshooting
- Customer knowledge about internal as well as external customers and awareness of their situation and needs.
- General Process knowledge
- Business knowledge – to have knowledge in business and financial awareness to ensure understanding of the implications of revenues
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit and business need